Coolant for RVs, diesels, closed marine, food processing, standard vehicles… because AMSOIL Antifreeze is more than a winter affair.
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE – Poly Organic Acid Technology (POAT) for Long Life, Superior Protection
This AMSOIL antifreeze is essentially low toxic. A biodegradable safer antifreeze. But the low toxic element won’t carry the propylene glycol AMSOIL Coolant far unless it performs and exceeds other long life antifreeze in your engine’s protection. It does.
In addition to propylene glycol biodegradable, long life AMSOIL antifreeze and engine coolant, here are 14+ quality elements one would expect from their products. Stops leaks and universal compatibility. Superior corrosion protection with POAT. Table of Contents coming up too.
14+ AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE and Engine Coolant DATA POINTS
- AMSOIL is a long life antifreeze with extended drain intervals, …. the conventional long life antifreeze is not.
- Service life lasts longer than conventional products.
- AMSOIL antifreeze is designed for gasoline and diesel engines alike.
- Universal so can be used in diesel, cars, light trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, some closed marine and home winterizing.
- Self-seals hairline cracks in welds and seams to prevent leaks but without silicates and deposits from silicates.
- No need for additional stop-leak products or fibrous materials.
- AMSOIL coolant is compatible with aluminum engine block.
- Far exceeds corrosion standards on all metals, including solder.
- POAT, formulated through proprietary poly organic acid technology.
- Eliminates the need for supplemental coolant additives (SCA).
- No need for recharging cooling systems.
- Propylene glycol AMSOIL antifreeze, therefore biodegradable, safer than ethylene glycol-based antifreeze.
- Universal antifreeze — The prop gly AMSOIL Antifreeze is compatible with all ethylene glycol-based and propylene glycol antifreeze engine coolant brands, all diesel antifreeze, plus the IAT, OAT. HOAT, NOAT and NMOAT antifreeze formulations. AMSOIL IS POAT, proprietary poly organic acid technology.
- Also AMSOIL antifreeze in two ethylene glycol choices. 50/50 for either autos and light trucks or for heavy duty.
- Compatible with others. But full flush is best if going prop glycol, to start anew to keep all the benefits.
- Service life of AMSOIL Antifreeze is optimal. This is not the original extended life antifreeze known as OAT that was introduced by auto manufacturers back in 1996 and was inexpensive. That was the proven poisonous ethylene glycol. The propylene glycol is a premium POAT antifreeze and engine coolant with long life, long long service life.
- 5 years or 150K miles for pleasure vehicles,
- 6 years or 600K miles for Class 8s.
- Testable for peace of mind. If you are concerned about your antifreeze being so long without changing or recharging your cooling system, then just like with other antifreeze, you need to use test strips to know what it is doing, how it is reacting. Use same brand strips for same brand, not what is left over in your garage. AMSOIL Antifreeze Test Strips through link here or by calling 800-956-5695 with our ZO# 1755968R. AMSOIL Antifreeze Test Strips are a color-coded paper strip, product code G-1165 (pack of 6) or G-1164 (pack of 50). A hydrometer or refractometer will be even more accurate. But be certain you re using the propylene glycol (PG) meter. The ethylene glycol (EG) will give an incomplete and inaccurate reading. Also, coolant test strips for other brands and especially for EG will not be accurate either. AMSOIL test strips for AMSOIL antifreeze and engine coolant.
Antifreeze Data Bulletin and SDS same page SEE PRICES OR ORDER NOW
- 14+ AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE and Engine Coolant DATA POINTS
- Antifreeze Data Bulletin and SDS same page SEE PRICES OR ORDER NOW
- AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE APPLICATIONS
- EXTENDED DRAIN INTERVALS FOR LONG LIFE AMSOIL COOLANT
- SEE PRICES OR ORDER NOW
- AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE PROTECTION and MAINTENANCE DETAIL
- MORE ON CORROSION AND METALS or YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE PROTECTS
- ANTIFREEZE TYPES –
- AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE
- AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE COMPATIBILITY
- AMSOIL ENGINE COOLANT and ANTIFREEZE DIRECTIONS and DETAILS
- AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE MEETS ASTM STANDARDS FOR —
- What is ASTM International?
- LIST of HOW AMSOIL LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE SAVES YOU MONEY, TIME and WORK
- AMSOIL Antifreeze Data Bulletin Link
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE APPLICATIONS
- cars, light trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs
- also diesel and over-the-road, RVs, and closed marine.
- low toxicity antifreeze for food processing, home and pool winterizing
EXTENDED DRAIN INTERVALS FOR LONG LIFE AMSOIL COOLANT
- five years or 150,000 miles in passenger cars, light-duty trucks, vans, motorcycles and recreational vehicles…
- six years or 600,000 miles in over-the-road diesel trucks, Class 8 vehicles…
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE PROTECTION and MAINTENANCE DETAIL
The AMSOIL antifreeze revolutionary formulation will provide maximum antifreeze and engine cooling protection in extreme temperatures and operating conditions. Contains a proprietary poly organic acid technology or POAT that creates long life antifreeze as it eliminates the required short term changing of antifreeze – there is a long service life – and even eliminates the recharging of cooling systems. Not recharging? Now that is another savings. Creating a list below of all the ways AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant ends up not being expensive. Plus, with AMSOIL Antifreeze, there is no need for supplemental coolant additives because it is all in the coolant package ingredients.
AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant does extend extra long protection and adds significant corrosion resistance to parts. Still, maintenance and some detective work is part of keeping your cooling system at prime operation. First, if you car is not a late model, you need to inspect the condition of the system at intervals. If you are driving an older car you purchased from another owner, pay attention to the lower water jacket areas furthest from the water pump. Also the coolant drains at the base of the block need checked, flushed and cleaned out in many vehicles. In vehicles with unknown history, you don’t know what has been in there.
MORE ON CORROSION AND METALS or YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE PROTECTS
The AMSOIL Antifreeze (ANT) has too often been accused of being inferior because it is propylene glycol based. We’ll get to that too. But now, let’s see the test results that proves AMSOIL ANT helps prevent metallic corrosion and lessens metallic corrosion in cases where it would occur as a norm. This is true for aluminum, iron, steel, copper, brass and lead.
Corrosion is a natural process where metals in contact with the environment revert to their more stable state of sulphates, oxides, hydroxides and other compounds. The process of corrosion is influenced by factors like temperature, water composition, liquid pH and the nature of surface films. Due to hydrolysis of metal cations — in particular for our case, aluminum engine blocks or even copper — when the pH of the antifreeze and engine coolant within the pit becomes acidic then aggressive chlorides are drawn in and pit propagation turns to auto-catalytic which leads to rapid attack.
Of course, there are many forms of corrosion in the cooling system and engine block. You want to know two things —-
- that your antifreeze is not part of the cause, and
- that it has the corrosion inhibitors to deal with issues.
Independent tests reveal AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant surpassed standards for metallic corrosion. It plates metal to protect even when exposed to acids and salt spray.
- Standard allowances for a maximum loss in aluminum and solder are less than 60 mg. AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant lost 0 mg in aluminum and less than 6 mg in solder.
- Standards for iron, steel, copper and brass allow a maximum loss of less than 20 mg. AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant never exceeded a 3 mg loss in any of those metals in a testing period that was run for 10 weeks, three weeks longer than required tests.
Solder information — Typical solder contains 60 percent lead. Automobiles and equipment are now being made with lead-free solder. For repairs, several companies make a lead-free solder that is made from tin, copper, and silver. However, radiators in older and classic cars still have lead solder, so the extremely low attack on solder will always be a priority.
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE and the 15 psi RADIATOR CAP
Boiling Point (sea level):
219° F at 40 percent concentration,
222° F at 50 percent,
225° F at 60 percent;
increase by 40° to 45° F if a 15 psi
radiator cap is used
What does that mean? That you can increase the boiling point by 40° to 45° F if a 15 psi radiator cap is used?
It’s all about the radiator cap and the antifreeze. The radiator cap is to maintain a pressure level and raise the boiling point so that part of the engine can operate at a temperature higher than the boiling point at atmospheric pressure. If left at atmospheric pressure the coolant would boil as it passed by the hotter passages, such as around the exhaust ports in the heads. Most radiator caps are 15 psi. They seem to come from the manufacturers as standard 15 psi with ethylene glycol antifreeze, especially the OAT. Lower radiator caps like 7 psi are used in the hot and humid areas quite often. Racing car owners say they use the 22 – 24 psi radiator caps and system stays cool under brutal conditions. Radiator caps actually range from 4 to 7 to 13 to 15 to 18 to 24. They come in round, unique, octagon, brass, copper, aluminum, plastic, steel, silver, black. The tests for the boiling point on the AMSOIL chart in the data bulletin was done with a radiator cap that was not 15 psi.
If you take nothing from this — radiator caps do wear out and need replaced.
By the way, AMSOIL RACING IS AMSOIL RESEARCH. AMSOIL Racing is one of the company’s hands-on, pedal to the metal research programs for all the products, including the AMSOIL ENGINE COOLANT and ANTIFREEZE, not that the drivers need to be concerned about anything freezing over on the track. If these cars can take it, yours can too. Trust AMSOIL.
Oh, and speaking of boiling points….. how about the AMSOIL Coolant Boost, a product often needed by those not using the AMSOIL Antifreeze — the AMA Pro-Racing and AFM have authorized AMSOIL Coolant Boost as Track Safe. Just a need to know fact.
ANTIFREEZE TYPES –
Once there was one, the IAT, then there were two with OAT, then hybrid was added and hybrid with nitrates added, so it was four with HOAT, NOAT and NMOAT. AMSOIL antifreeze technology creates the long life AMSOIL POAT. A propylene glycol antifreeze and engine coolant with a poly organic formulation. All the premium choices in an antifreeze and engine coolant that you could want….. long-life, low toxicity, biodegradable, silicate-free, universal compatibility and more. This page on our website gives you more antifreeze type information than you ever thought you wanted to know on all these and colors and recycled antifreeze. You never thought you wanted to know, but need to know. Or, just use the AMSOIL Antifreeze and keep it simple.
This page gives you propylene glycol antifreeze information in greater detail.
LOW TOXIC ANTIFREEZE
PET SAFE ANTIFREEZE – as in SAFER
Press Release 2005 — AMSOIL INC. of Superior, Wisconsin, has introduced a revolutionary new Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Engine Coolant. The new AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolant is universal in application and ideal for use in both gas and diesel powered automobiles, RVs, light and heavy duty trucks. It is completely compatible with other EG coolant formulations including DEX-Cool®, Sierra®, and Zerex®.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Engine Coolant has an extremely long life span, up to seven years or 250,000 miles in passenger cars and 750,000 miles in over-the-road diesel trucks. Using a breakthrough poly organic acid technology the product plates to metal to prevent corrosion, improves protection against liner pitting and even seals hairline cracks to prevent leaks. The new antifreeze/coolant is resistant to corrosion of aluminum, iron surfaces and solder points.
Because of its low toxicity disposal is less of an issue than typical antifreeze. In the case of accidental ingestion AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Engine Coolant is safer for children and pets than ethylene glycol coolants which are sweet tasting and highly toxic.
Note: Since that press release, AMSOIL has made a few antifreeze and engine coolant changes. Notable is that the color once was purple because back then purple antifreeze was biodegradable antifreeze. No more, the colours have become confused, lines too blurred. Read on about the new neutral yellow.
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE COMPATIBILITY
Compatible With Other Fluids AMSOIL Antifreeze & Coolant is dyed neutral yellow and is compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze and coolant formulations on the market, including DEX-Cool®, Sierra® and Zerex®. It is also compatible with fully formulated diesel anti-freezes and other organic acid technology (OAT) and hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT) formulations.
AMSOIL ENGINE COOLANT and ANTIFREEZE DIRECTIONS and DETAILS
Our updated notes are in italics.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Coolant: For use in gasoline four-cycle engines and light, medium and heavy duty diesel two-cycle or four-cycle engines.
Mix Ratio: Chart on product page. Shows optimum protection between -60° and 230° F.
Compatibility: AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is dyed neutral yellow. All AMSOIL antifreeze products are compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze and coolant formulations on the market, including DEX-Cool®, Sierra® and Zerex®. It is also compatible with fully formulated diesel anti-freezes and other organic acid technology (OAT) and hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT) formulations.
Freeze/Boil Testing: Conventional hydrometers or other devices made for measuring the freeze/boil protection of ethylene glycol products may not accurately test the freeze / boil protection of propylene glycol based AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Coolant. Use a PG hydrometer or refractometer to test freeze/boil point with Propylene Glycol AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant. An EG would be inaccurate.
Testing: Also can use the AMSOIL Antifreeze Test Strip provided with your purchase of AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Coolant or other propylene glycol test strips to measure freeze/boil or corrosion protection of AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Coolant/water solutions. Antifreeze test strips must be used with the product intended, i.e. AMSOIL with AMSOIL. You may order more AMSOIL Antifreeze Test Strips through link here or by calling 800-956-5695 with our ZO3 1755968R. AMSOIL Antifreeze Test Strips are a color-coded paper strip, product code G-1165 (pack of 6) or G-1164 (pack of 50).
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE MEETS ASTM STANDARDS FOR —
ASTM D6120::::: The requirements for glycol-based coolants that are fully formulated for heavy-duty engine cooling systems. Concentrates used at 40 – 60 % glycol concentration by volume in water of suitable quality. Or when prediluted glycol-base engine coolants, at a 50 volume % minimum, are used without greater dilution. The engine coolant will function effectively during cold and heat of winter and summer, providing protection against 1) corrosion, 2) cavitation, 3) freezing, 4) boiling. When the engine coolant is maintained with maintenance doses of supplemental coolant additives – SCA – a coolant concentrate that is mixed with water or a prediluted coolant will be suitable for use in a properly maintained cooling system when that system is in normal service for a minimum of two years. Coolant concentrate or prediluted coolant will provide protection in the operating engines against 1) cavitation 2) corrosion or liner pitting, 3) scaling of internal engine hot surfaces which are typically within the engine head, the head spacer, the upper cylinder liner, or the liquid cooled exhaust manifold. (from ASTM website)
ASTM D3306:::: The requirements for glycol-based engine coolants of ethylene glycol or propylene to be used in automobiles and light duty service cooling systems. When concentrates are used at 40 – 70 % concentration by volume in water. Or when prediluted glycol base engine coolants, at a 50 volume % minimum, are used without greater dilution. The engine coolant will function effectively during cold and hot temperatures of winter and summer providing protection against 1) freezing, 2) boiling, 3) corrosion. (from ASTM website)
ASTM D6210-98a Historical:::: The requirements for an ethylene-glycol-based fully formulated coolant for heavy-duty engine cooling systems. Concentrates used at 40 – 60% ethylene-glycol concentration by volume in water of suitable quality. Or when prediluted ethylene-glycol base engine coolants, at a 50% volume % minimum, are used without greater dilution. The engine coolant will function effectively during cold and hot temperatures of winter and summer, providing protection against 1) corrosion, 2) cavitation, 3) freezing, 4) boiling. (from ASTM website)
What is ASTM International?
The ASTM testing and specifications organization was known as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). ASTM was founded for the development and delivery of international voluntary consensus standards. In setting those standards, ASTM International is a globally-recognized leader. The tests are made by ASTM members. These contributions are done by more than 30,000 of the top technical experts and business professionals in the world, representing over 150 countries.
LIST of HOW AMSOIL LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE SAVES YOU MONEY, TIME and WORK
- Eliminates the recharging of cooling systems.
- No need for supplemental coolant additives.
- AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant self-seals hairline cracks in welds and seams to prevent leaks.
- No need for additional stop-leak products.
- Far exceeds corrosion standards on all metals, including solder. Therefore, keeps your radiator original. Rather change a rad cap than a rad?
- Long life antifreeze, long service antifreeze so one flush and fill and you are set for several years, up to seven to be exact with standard vehicles, ATVs and pleasure vehicles up to 150,000 miles. Long life antifreeze for Class 8s ranging seven years and up to 600,000 miles.
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE and ENGINE COOLANT BUY NOW
Universal, Biodegradable Antifreeze, Propylene Glycol Based, Helps Prevent Metallic Corrosion, Stops Leaks, Silicate-free, Phosphate-free. Order here now to begin better antifreeze and engine coolant protection for your vehicle.
Have you heard all the AMSOIL products slogans and seen the posters? Go here for our page….
AMSOIL ANTIFREEZE :::: LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE :::: AMSOIL COOLANT
Synthetic oils all vehicles / AMSOIL P I / AMSOIL Engine Flush / Antifreeze Types / Propylene Glycol Antifreeze